You Matter Belton is committed to bringing our community together, to connect with, and remind our youth of their importance, and that they do MATTER. #YouMatterBelton
1. We will use the You Matter Belton symbol on t-shirts, handouts, posters, etc. to "paint the town" to show youth that many, many people care about them and believe in the message of You Matter
2. We will coordinate volunteers to greet students at the school doors with smiles, positive messages and kindness, showing youth that adults will take time to see them and bring them a smile and positivity.
3. We will share positive messages in the community, schools, and on social media and work to drown out negativity.
4. We will support teachers and school staff and spread kindness and positivity with them, as well.
5. We will include the crisis text line on handouts, so that youth will see that avenue for support, in effort to support suicide awareness and prevention.
6. We will help to support activities for youth that promote positive messages, spreading kindness, healthy life choices and suicide awareness & prevention, such as Project Grad, after Prom, SADD activites, etc
Want to get involved? Buy a t-shirt! Like our Facebook Page . Fill out your BSD Volunteer Application so you'll be ready to help at our events!